Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Book Review: "The Sovereignty of God"

So I will start off this review with this: if you have not read this book and are saved, get off your butt and read it! "The Sovereignty of God" by A.W.Pink is a book that could almost definitely change your life. Honestly, it does take a while to go through, it took a whole day longer than I had expect for me to get through it but I must encourage you to persevere through it because it is golden. If nothing else, it will challenge everything you know about how life works. At best, it will give you are great respect for God, change how you make decisions, and give you hope for this life. Pink does a very good job of using scripture in his book so he argues his points well but then he also goes after the obvious objections to his points and disproves them so that you can see they he is actually dealing with most all the major problems. He says that this is a little book that barely touches the subject, which is technically true, but it is also a great resource to read because he actually covers quite a lot for such a small book.
There is one thing that really stood out to me that I'm not sure if I agree with/understood his viewpoint and that was on why sin is in the world. I will have to do more research on that but that was the only major flag that I currently remember about the book. The rest I thought was basically good. He gives good arguments and I'm going to take what he said and compare it to scripture as I read through my bible but I think in generally he is fairly sound though may be slightly off on some of his stuff. I can't remember specifics but I do remember questioning a few things he said but again, I still think he hit the nail on the head with this book and I think you so go and read it this week. It really is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment