Saturday, January 30, 2010

family?

as most people know, my parents are currently in china at the moment. this is a really cool thing cuz we are getting a brother through this all but really, us kids of quite used to our parents being gone. they have made multiple trips out of the country for a multitude of days before, so this is nothing new.

however, people always ask us if we miss our parents. i generally feel bad but i don't want to lie so i always say "no" because i really don't miss them. sure, it's quiet at home and such but it isn't that bad. i was thinking about it today though and i think i know why i have never missed them. it's because my family is still here. sure, my parents are thousands of miles away, but i have 10 other sets of parents that are a phone call and a short drive away. the community of the church is an amazing thing. i have men i can talk to about anything in my life. i have women who will treat me like their own son. while they can't take the place of my real parents, they are still here for me and my brother and sister.

this dawned on me today after i got a text from the galbreaths. without prompting, they made dinner for us kids. last night, we were invited over to the lugg's for dinner. we didn't ask for anything, they just saw a need and helped out. this is the amazingness of the church and of the work of God. if left alone, people would only look after themselves, yet with God working, they look after each other. sure, unsaved people do nice things for other people but that is only because they have the law implanted on their hearts, from God, and they are compelled to do something.

well, we are blessed for our extended family and God is good! all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment