Tuesday, April 19, 2011

epiphany

So as most people know, I just got back from Ethiopia. I was on a missions trip there with 14 other people. We met some amazing brothers and sister and we all really miss them a lot now. We went there to bless them and they totally blessed us way more then we could have even imagined. While there, we did some jobs for them to help them out and such. During all the stuff we did, I started to realize that I have been foolish with my life. It isn't enough in life to simple live and to not live the best that you can. We all only have 1 life to live and we should not let that life go to waste. As such, I see that I have not optimized my life. So today, I started to work out. In the past, my physical fitness had been an idol but now I see that my neglect of it is just plain laziness. So i have started running and I will do push ups and sit ups as well. My goal is not to look better or get bigger or anything like that, but to keep my body in shape so that God may use it as He sees fit and so that my lack of disciple isn't something that holds me back from being used. I'm tired of sitting on the side lines, I want to get back out there so that I may do something with my life.

2 comments:

  1. Love that you're running.

    Also, I appreciate that you're no longer wasting your capital letters.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to come over and watch the video of your trip! (I missed it Sunday since I was with the babes)

    ReplyDelete