Tuesday, April 19, 2011

a mind is a terrible thing

I am sorely in need of distraction from my own mind so I write this blog post. I read through Psalms a few months ago and I came across Psalm 146 as one that I need to memorize. It is truly a great psalm, especially to a person who likes to figure everything out on their own and who likes to always have a plan.
I find myself now in need of trusting in God. I want to have the answers to the questions yet it seems like I am only allowed to have the questions at the moment, which I am not enjoying. I like to have answers. My mind has been dwelling on the unknown for the past week or so and that is wrong because it has been occupying my thoughts and more or less paralyzing me because it is all that is on my mind and I am totally a one-track-mind kind of guy, I can only think of one thing at a time. While I would really love to have these answers to my questions because I kinda do need this answers in order to move forward in life; having questions isn't meant to freeze you, it is only meant to pause you.

I still can't clear my head of these thoughts though, they just won't leave me alone. I need to distract myself, I am just not sure as to how best to do that, everything seems to bring them right back to mind, it is terribly annoying. Sleep works for a time and so I will do that for now. until morning where I face another day of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment