Sunday, February 1, 2009

by the grace of God

for some reason, in my mind, i like to go through things that could happen and think about how i would and should react, and if different, what i should do to change so that they are the same. in Acts 14, paul and barnabas go to iconium and preach. the people, hearing them, call them gods and try to offer sacrifices to them. paul and barnabas are completely beside them selves by this. they tear their clothes and cry out, NO, for we are men like you (paraphrase).
after reading that, i was thinking about what i should and would do if someone were to do something like that to me. which led my mind to the fact that people have said things to me about maturing in Christ and such, and it made me realize that i don't give enough to God. my first reaction should be, "it's all God and the work that He has done through me. i have done nothing except to do what God has laid on my heart to do." i wish i could say that i only do what God has laid on my heart but i still fail and fall miserable, way to often. i must work and hope that God moves in me to be more like His Son. for that is all there is in life. yes, i realize that there are other aspects in life that we must have, but truly, deep down, i believe that everything boils down to being more like Christ. it should be our chief concern

No comments:

Post a Comment