Saturday, January 10, 2009

God is good

i just got home from our high school bball game against highland prep, and God blessed us with a win tonight, which was nice, cuz it was our first. we have had games the last two nights now, and during both of the games, i have really been missing bball. generally, i just miss the adrenaline rush of playing hard and what not, but at tonight's game, i found myself missing the part of everyone cheering for the team, including me. i kinda am useless on the bench. then i got made at myself. the only thing keeping me from playing, is the thing that changed me the most for the good. my ICD has definitely slowed down my life and has made it so that i can't do something, but that means that i can focus on better things now. i am no longer distracted by sports and such. looking back, if i could change anything in my life, it would be the time that i idolized sports, for that was the time that a lot of my bad habits in the other areas in my life formed. i wasn't a bad kid, but i am not particularly proud of my younger years, i just hope that i will continue to change and be more like Christ. 

2 comments:

  1. Though my heart didn't stop beating, a broken vertebrae basically ended my competitive sports life and also changed my spiritual life for the forever better. I, too, was not a hater, but I was also not a lover of the best thing(s), and owe all my change to God's grace. All that to say, thanks for writing. I feel your pain, and your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I watched the game last night, and you on the bench, I was reminded, more than once, that the game may have been different with you playing, but that is not what God has for you right now.
    Your heart is much more in tune with the things of Heaven, and is much softer to His Word, and if an ICD is the device it takes to have your heart beat for heaven then that is the best heart surgery in both senses.
    I love you Grant and am very proud of you. Thanks for not being mad at God and for submitting to His plan for your life.

    ReplyDelete